At the chapter meeting last night we discussed developing a "portal" with resources for consumers and educators. I forgot to mention Current TV and their flashy (Flash-based) web site. They were at the recent NAMAC conference in Philly and here's what they're up to:
1. An Online Studio. The Studio is the part of the Current website where potential contributors can upload their own pieces and watch and respond to other contributors’ work.
2. A really cool looking VC2 (Viewer Created Content) Survival Guide. It's a resource for beginning filmmakers.
3. Join the listserv we\'re starting just for folks in the academic and film arts communities. We\'ll be sending out monthly updates specifically tailored to you and offering a convenient way to share what you\'re doing with other film arts orgs and professors. Let me know if you want to be added. Or write directly to:
4. Stay up to date on everything going on at the network by opting in to receive general updates, info about upcoming concerts, and other Current news. Just type your email address into the box in the upper-right corner of our home page:
I look forward to hearing from you,
Manager, Viewer-Created Content
",1] ); D(["mb","Current TV
",0] ); D(["ce"]); D(["ms","a3a"] ); //–>http://www.current.tv/studio/survivalguide/
3. A listserv they're starting just for folks in the academic and film arts communities. They'll be sending out monthly updates specifically tailored to independent motion media makers and offering a convenient way to share what folks are doing with other film arts orgs and professors.
4. General updates, info about upcoming concerts, and other Current news.
Here's an interesting article about Al Gore's new channel: