(via Media Policy Blog)
Community Media was represented well on a panel at the FCC on Media Ownership Rules Friday November 18th. The panel included presentations and Q&A with Juan Gonzalez, Hannah Sassaman of Prometheus Radio, Tony Riddle of the Alliance for Community, and David Honig of the Minority Media and Telecommunications Council.
The agenda included:
• Panel discussion on Perspectives on Telecommunications Competition and Consumers
• Panel discussion on Media Ownership and Consumer Interest
• Recommendation Concerning Consumer Interest Obligations of Digital Television Broadcasters
• Recommendation Regarding Access to VRS Networks
• Public Participation via New Information and Communication Technologies at the FCC
• Demonstration of Captioning and DTV
Click here to visit the FCC's Consumer Advisory Committee Home Page.