Join CCTV at the State House 6/5 to Oppose the Verizon Bill!
“Verizon is pressing hard to change the way that cable companies do business in the Commonwealth. They have proposed a bill at the State House that threatens CCTV’s channels and funding, as well as the City’s control over our streets and sidewalks. We need YOU to come to the State House on June 5th at 10 AM to tell our legislators to Kill the Bill!
The hearing before the Joint Committee on Telecommunications is June 5th at 10 AM in Gardner Auditorium (or meet up with other CCTV members at 9 AM to travel to the State House together). Even if you do not plan to speak, your presence will have an impact. If you DO speak, talk briefly about your experiences as a user of CCTV’s services, and your fears that public access will lose funding and channels under the proposal.
In the meantime, please contact your state legislators and City Councilors and urge them to oppose the bill. Attached is a 14-point list of reasons to oppose the bill and contact information for our legislators and those on the Telecommunications Committee. If you do contact anyone in writing, please send a copy to email@example.com, or CCTV, 675 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA. 02139.
Here is what YOU can do:
- Contact your state legislators and those who are on the Joint Telecommunications Committee, and urge them to kill the bill! (contact information is attached to this article)
- Contact your City Councilors and urge them to oppose the bill
- Come to the State House Hearing on June 5 at 10 AM in A-2“
- Download “10 Reason to Oppose the Verizon Bill” (PDF download) to learn more about the issues and take action!
- Download a list of Legislative Contacts (PDF download)